Thursday, November 15, 2007

slightly angered post

i was a junior in high school (2001-2002).
the class was Algebra II.
the assignment was to interview someone who had a job that involved mathematics.
i interviewed my dad, a lawyer.

we were given a set of questions to ask. the last of which was, "What is the most difficult part of your job?"

my dad's answer has stuck with me to this day and has grossly shaped how i handle any situation that involves other people:
"The hardest part of my job is convincing my clients that there is another side to the story."

in other words, no matter what the situation, the circumstance, the person... what you see or perceive may not be all there is.

we all, at some point, have to come to terms with the idea that our perception of how-things-are could be, and probably is, an incomplete perception. well, i guess we don't have to. but, we should.

now, some of you might be wondering what this has to do with the title of my post. some of you will know and some will not, simply because of how much of myself i've let you come to know... but some people really grind my gears... mainly rude fundamentalists ('rude' is rather operative there... i do know civil fundamentalists).

disagreement is not where my qualm lies.

self-righteous indignation is. i've made posts about entitlement before [on my xanga], so i won't suffer you to bear my repetition.


a quote to close with:

"Do not take the limits of your own vision as the limits of the world."
-Ryan Porter

No comments: