Tuesday, September 16, 2008

now, i should be in bed...

but, what's a late night between friends?

this weather we're having here in Dallas, Texas has somehow awoken -- and to be completely honest, i'm not sure that's a word -- inside of me certain feelings. largely feelings of nostalgia, loneliness, and, as an added bonus, a touch of hopelessness.

this lovely, mid- to high-70 degree weather coupled with ample clear skies, ignites deep within me a strong, overbearing desire to be outside. however, to be outside with someone who is special to me. now, before you get your mind up and running thinking that i have a particular person in mind, i will tell you to not let that thought keep going; i have no one person in mind. this feeling is a rather ambiguous and general one. it is just a raw emotion to be outside, enjoying this weather with a significant other.

now, this is where Loneliness rears its ugly and unwelcome head... menacing me with its disdainful whispers and dire need for company. i feel this great need to be in the presence of someone who would make my heart beat faster, but, as it is obvious, i have not in this area. i am well aware of the statements many of you would -- and have -- made about me finding someone like this. you may save them for the next pity party i have scheduled for next Thursday.

and, Loneliness, after he has all but settled into the spare bedroom of my mind, he is lonely and calls his friend Hopelessness. but, that is neither here nor there; and i digress.


The sun is out,
The sky is blue.
It's beautiful;
and so are you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loneliness doesn't mean it has to be a significant other that makes your heart beat faster. It could just be a really deep friendship with someone who you can share your feelings with...and/or random thoughts that made need to flow.

Anonymous said...

I don't know who you are...I found your link through a friend of mine. But I loved your post. And I know what you mean. thanks.

Unknown said...

Dear cousin...you digress more than just about anyone I know. I find it rather amusing. But your sullenness (is that a word?) is bringing me down man! So I will be sure to send wine and more wine to next Thursday's pity party, as I will be unable to join the throngs.
You really are a fantastic writer... like the literary lovechild of Tolstoy and Dave Barry. Just remember, you can have anything you want, you just can't have everything you want.

Sue McRoberts said...

I feel bad that you are hurting. It's so obvious that your heart is aching.

I see your eyes and they look exactly like the four year old boy I used to know, it freaks me out!

I am going to pray for you a lot!! I hope God brings you some peace and comfort and some company!
sue parry