Thursday, November 11, 2010

dynamite with a laser beam... guaranteed to blow your mind (anytime)

well, next week is a KILLER for me at school and there will not be a post :(.

so i'm going to have this quick update for this week with random thoughts:

- i saw last night a man drinking WHILE driving for the first time ever. i am well aware of drinking then driving but while driving?? i feel like this should be when Seth Meyers on SNL would say, "Really?!"

- a few weeks ago i came across what can best be described as a moped (as opposed to biker) gang. they were sitting at a red light revving their engines and everything. and except for wearing leather jackets and boots they were wearing fashionable scarfs and sensible loafers. no, i didn't make any of that up. it really happened.

- on the same day as i saw Hell's Vespas, i was at another stop light and saw this 4 or 5 year boy running around the front of a grocery store with a bucket on his head. he was running around screaming his head off and laughing in delight. after seeing this, i was more than jealous at his ability to be so easily entertained.

- by no means do i miss my last job... but i miss working. only a little bit though.

- earlier this week i spent approximately 1 entire hour on YouTube looking at videos of baby's laughing. few things in this life bring me complete happiness and this is one of them.

- even though "be careful what you wish for" has been over-used... it's true.

- i'm addicted to movies. there, i said it. i really am though. there's only one genre of movies that i refuse to watch (romance/romantic comedies)... other than that, it's fair game.

- i think that It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is one of the funniest shows in the history of time: "You know what dude, hear me out for a second okay. Now technically, that stain did appear to me. Also I am familiar with carpentry and I don't know who my father is. So, am I the messiah? I don't know, I could be, I'm not ruling it out."

- while i used to have some rosy thoughts about daylight savings time, i don't like it anymore. i want more daylight.

- and some wisdom to close things out:

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. - George Bernard Shaw

In every human being you encounter, there will be far more to celebrate than to denigrate. - Elie Wiesel

ssdd,
levi

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hell's Vespas made me laugh out loud.
(And I think Seth Myers is hot..but mostly because he seems warm and witty) Thanks for the Queen song stuck in my head...glad to see you in better than average spirits.

musicalicia08 said...

I want to come there and stop at some of the same stoplights as you. I need some new scenery in my life, and somehow St.J just doesn't fit that bill. I need some baby laughter today too...thanks for the smile that just crossed my face.

Meganator said...

First of all, if you think watching babies on youtube is good fun, you should try watching drunk squirrels climb a tree. It's my fave and I have seen it several times and enjoy it like it was the first every time. Secondly, thank you for adding to your e-mail list. I like reading your stuff. Thirdly, I have figured out that I know just enough about your life that I am confused and should probably break that year-and-a-half-lomg streak we have going on just give you a call. We'll play awkward phone tag for a few weeks and then finally make contact.

Anonymous said...

babies laughing!